I would want the date field next to a field in middle which can support it or to be placed at a desired location rather than the fixed one which is normally on right hand side
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
No, you can't ungroup the date/time fields from the date/time panel in the issue view.
To add to what Nic said, there is an open suggestion for your request which you can vote and watch here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-35596
I know this is an old question but I create "proxy fields" to get around this problem. These are scriptrunner scripted fields that returns the date as text.
In my screens I add both the original and proxy field.
Jira field names don't need to be unique but it is much better that they are unique. You can add a standard character eg "." to the front of all proxy field names then use behaviours (or your own javascript) to remove it.
I recommend you turn off indexing for these fields.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.