I upgraded Jira using the latest Docker image to Jira version 9.0
Three issues have occurred:
1. Jira complains that the db and table collations are not compatible. Both are set to UTFMB8_BIN on a MySQL 8 database, which is expressly what is required by Jira.
Obviously, the system still works, but why is it throwing this error?
2. When I view a Jira board, I get the following error:
SELECT ID, PROJECT, cname, description, URL, `LEAD`, ASSIGNEETYPE, ARCHIVED, DELETED FROM component WHERE PROJECT=? ORDER BY cname (Unknown column 'DELETED' in 'field list')
In the database schema for version 8.20, there is no DELETED column, so I can only assume that this has been introduced by version 9.0. Since there is no published schema for version 9.0, I can't update it manually (could be boolean, could be decimal, could be varchar).
Again, the system still works, but I would expect any upgrade to apply schema changes itself.
3. Navigating to the Components screen, I get the following error:
Jira's base URL is set to https://{url} but you are accessing Jira from https://{url}undefined.
Come on Atlassian, surely these are the first things you check when publishing an upgrade?