We use Zabbix to monitor hardware. And we have seen over time that zabbix create and resolves a lot of issues I our Jira SM. about 75% of the issues are created and closed before any agents are involved in these issues.
We are tweaking these "alarms" in Zabbix, but there are a lot of old issues (about 100k) that we don't need, and would like to purge from the project.
I have read on this community that people are advised not to ever delete issues.
I would like to know if there are any problems we have to consider before deleting 75k issues that could break the system, or if the advisement is just related to historic data , revision etc.?
The reason we want to delete this issues is related to the time jira have to spend on indexing every time we do any changes to SLA or custom fields etc.