I'm trying to log in with the username. I know that BB changed to email address some time ago but the email address that I used to sign up with the username won't connect the two. So now I can't get into the old username. How can I correct this
You'll need to visit id.atlassian.com and recover or fix your account there.
Thank you. I went to id.atlassian and I dont see any place to fix or recover my account.
I did try to change my by going to Atlassian account -> Products -> bitbucket.org -> bitbucket profile settings -> Username but that just tells me *An account with that name already exists.*. This of course is what I'm trying to resolve.
I've checked pretty much all the options on the settings wheel in id.atlassian.com and my profile icon but I'm not seeing any place to fix my account.
Under which menu item can I find that?
Ok, that tells us it's not your Atlassian account that is a problem.
Fire up an incognito session in your browser, or use another browser and try logging into bitbucket using the old account name, and, if that doesn't tell you anything useful about how to reset a password or update the account, try again with the associated email.
So that's the problem. Bitbucket no longer allows you to log in with a username. You have to use the email address.
I can log in with the associated email address but it won't let me use the old username with the email address. It forced me to pick a new username.
So at this point, I have 2 user names associated with 1 email address. And I can't access the old username. And I can't log into bitbucket with the username because it forces me to use an email address which it won't associate with the old username.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.