Dear Bitbucket support team,
We have a repo that has over 2 GB (thus the warning).
I wasn't quite 100% sure on the sequence of git commands to run to first delete select large files and clean the history. I was able to clean it following the instructions below and removed large CSV files from my repo delete_history_test. The repo is still 66MB and should be much smaller. Can you run the GC on that repo, so I have proof that these instructions work? After which I'll talk to my team to clean up our repo and I suppose we will need to trigger a GC next week.
Dummy Exercise:
What I wanted to have is
- main branch with checked-in large files.
- infected branch with still work to do (but everything committed and pushed to remote)
The large files exist in both the main and the infected branches, so I did:
- git checkout main
- git rm large_file.csv
- git commit -m "delete large file"
- git push
- git checkout infected branch
- git rm large_file.csv
- git commit -m "delete large file"
- git push
Then, I clean the history doing:
I suspect after this point, all of the histories should be clean and I need to trigger the GC from the remote which I can't trigger.
Can you trigger it to this repo delete_history_test so I can make sure it works?
Thanks,
Justin