Running Jira version 8.22.3 on MYSQL Version 8.0.29
I am receiving an error message
"The database collation 'utf8_bin' and table collation 'utf8_bin' are not supported by Jira"
Yet all documentation regarding this instructs you to set this exact UTF8_Bin for Jira
See Link
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-fix-the-collation-and-character-set-of-a-mysql-database-744326173.html
What gives it utf8_bin supported on Jira or not?
Hello @Bill Hoffman ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
According to the link you supplied, the version of Jira you're running supports utf8mb4 and not utf8_bin. It's erroring because you're trying to set a collation that isn't supported anymore.
So can I use the information in the Link to update to utf8mb4 using the same Queries?
Yes. The command would be something like this:
<span>ALTER</span> <span>DATABASE</span> <span style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);"><</span>yourDB<span style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);">></span> <span>CHARACTER SET</span> utf8mb4 <span>COLLATE</span> utf8mb4_bin
OK Thanks I will try this
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.