When trying to add my server's ssh key to a repo's Access Key, I receive:
"Someone has already added that SSH key to another account."
I've checked through all my repos, and none of them currently have any access keys set.
Please help
It's not the repository, it's the account.
You are not supposed to share keys with other people or accounts. You have, somewhere, another account that has already used that key (so your current account should not be trying to use it).
You'll need to log in to the old account, go to profile -> Settings -> keys and remove the key, or generate and use a new key for your more recent account.
UPDATE: This was solved.
The SSH Key WAS NOT used by another account.
I had the SSH Key saved in the account level SSH Keys of THIS account.
When I tried to add the key at the REPO level, it through the error saying another account was using it.
The error was misleading. It wasn't ANOTHER account using it. It was THIS account.
How do I know what account it is?
As far as I know, this is my only account.
How can I see what account is using my ssh keys??!
There's no way to establish that, other than knowing who you shared the key with.
If you have a fully supported Bitbucket account (11+ users) you can raise a support request with Atlassian, who can tell you some basic info without breaching privacy.
so, someone else may be using my ssh key, and there is no way to find out who, and I can't even get support from the company to find out who?
You would think Atlassian would want to promote security a little better.
Ah, that makes sense, thank you.
I've only ever run into this problem when people have been sharing keys before.
While it somewhat makes sense, I don't believe I should be stopped from using my ssh key within the same account, even at a lower level (like the repo level). It's still within the confines of the same account.
I am sorry, I did not explain that too well.
My previous experience is all with people sharing keys (which should never be done). The last time I added a key to a Bitbucket repository, and later added it to my profile, with the same account, it accepted it fine. But that was when it was called "Stash" and it was on Server, not Cloud.
So you have shown me that Bitbucket Cloud is less tolerant of potential security issues than an old server.
But, you absolutely should be stopped from using your key like this, Bitbucket is forcing us to think properly about access. I'm actually glad it's gone this way - I had security issues in Stash because it was not being this strict.
You can add keys to Bitbucket at two levels - account and repository. An account-level key grants you access to everything your user might be configured for, and repo access does what it says, giving you access to a single repository.
Where I think Bitbucket falls down when you've already added a key is when you have been added to a repo, and then you come to add a global one. It should just accept that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.