I can manually edit the "Component Watchers" but would like to do this via the API.
Documentation for the REST API does not appear to have an entry for componentWatchers.
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/latest/
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/scriptrunner-post-function-to-add-watchers-based-on-component/qaq-p/208822 had at least a partial answer:
It looks like there is no public Java API, but there is public REST API. I can see, there are two endpoints which accept "project key" as a parameter/rest/componentwatchers/1.0/groups/{projectkey}/rest/componentwatchers/1.0/users/{projectkey}Response of both endpoints contains this "section" of data $ curl --user 'user:passwd' --noproxy "*" "https://jira.example.com/rest/componentwatchers/1.0/groups/VLAB"{"projectKey": "VLAB","projectName": "VLAB","component": "00-RH_OpenShift","watchers": [{"watcherDatabaseId": "I_VLAB_OPENSHIFT","name": "I_VLAB_OPENSHIFT","type": "group"}
It looks like there is no public Java API, but there is public REST API. I can see, there are two endpoints which accept "project key" as a parameter
/rest/componentwatchers/1.0/groups/{projectkey}
$ curl --user 'user:passwd' --noproxy "*" "https://jira.example.com/rest/componentwatchers/1.0/groups/VLAB"{"projectKey": "VLAB","projectName": "VLAB","component": "00-RH_OpenShift","watchers": [{"watcherDatabaseId": "I_VLAB_OPENSHIFT","name": "I_VLAB_OPENSHIFT","type": "group"}
Still need an API to update (PUT) a componentwatcher record. The above is only for a retrieve (GET).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.