So I am looking for a way if it exists to use JIRA Service Desk as a semi-simple order request form.
I have played with the JIRA Service Desk Extension add-on which offers almost what I'm looking for, but it's multi-level structure doesn't map a parent field and its children to each other.
Let me make this more visual. I want to be able to have multiple "Products" in a order request, with each product containing the same set of fields. Ideally it would be something like
How many unique products? (let's say they put in 2 then 2 product boxes pop up, a add another product button would work too)
Product #1:
Product Name:
Quantity:
Part #:
Cost:
Product #2:
Product Name:
Quantity:
Part #:
Cost:
As of now I could make a field for each individual field like Product1-Name and Product2-Name. But I would much rather not have to have individual fields like that and have it be more of a structure that is extendable and easier to maintain.
So I'm wondering if there's a built-in way to do this, an add-on that already exists that I haven't found, or if I need to start creating my own add-on to make this happen. I could build this in a separate website using something like drupal and make the service desk ticket type link to it. But I would greatly prefer to keep the system within something that the users already know.