This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: See what's possible with JIRA Core
Ask your question here...
I think that boards are so useful that I recommend JIRA Software far more often than JIRA Core. You can use JIRA without boards, but people don't like it as much
Depends on what you mean by engineering development (non-software). For example, do they need scrum boards? If so, you need JIRA software.
Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/jira-applications-overview-764478250.html for the full list of functionality offered by each JIRA application.
Stewart, are you talking about PDLC instead of SDLC? Some of JIRA's features can be used with PDLC, but not fully. I want to pitch something else but I am bound not to
Yes, it is essentially a Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC). In some circles it could be called a Product Lifecycle Managemetn (PLM) as well. The activities include management and change tracking of engineering (non-software) developmental activities up to the point it would be put under full configuration management in a Product Data Management (PDM) system. Does that help?
I agree. The boards are a must have.
Yep, I am working with something like that. JIRA as PLM. Stick with JIRA Software.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.