How do you specifically grant Watchers the Browse permission. I don't see an option to select it in the Permission Scheme.
Thanks..
Hi @Kelly Hawke
Watchers are not a project role, or a group, or a custom field. You can't grant them this permission. However, if a user has the browse project permission (we don't take into account the security level) he/she can become a watcher.
What exactly are you trying to achieve? Can you please elaborate?
Cheers,Alex
We have a project that we need to narrow access to the Reporter, ideally Watchers, and those in a specific role. I can accomplish all of that...except Watchers.
We don't want the tickets open to everyone (as we do have a fairly large instance with over 400+ projects).
Unfortunately you can't do that. At least not in the way you think of it. My last statement about watchers stands.
What you can do is to:
Let me know if the above helps.
Alex
OK...thanks. That won't work either in my use case....but I really appreciate the confirmation that I wasn't loosing it and not seeing how to accomplish this.
I also had this question a few weeks ago and couldn't find a solution. Now I know there isn't one.
thank you!!!
While you can't use members of the Watcher's group (at leas not directly), you CAN use another "User custom field value" -- i.e. you can create a "User Picker (Multiple users)" Custom Field and add that to the form, then grant it permissions like e.g. the below: the Reviewers will then only have access to the tickets for which they're added as a Reviewer (unless also granted access via other memberships)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.