Hi,
our release strategy is the following:
- Every week we release a new version in our QA env:
Week 1: 1.1.0
Week 2: 1.2.0
and so on - Once we have all the features that we targeted for a specific production upgrade, we will do the no regression test on that version and we will start branching to fix any identified bugs.
e.g. Build candidate: 1.8.0
we start the nrt and fix all the bugs in branches ---> 1.8.1, 1.8.2 and so on - Once all bugs have been fixed we will have our final build candidate. e.g. 1.8.5 that we will deploy in prod.
So here is the question: How can we have a cumulative release note in Jira?
If I look at the release note of the last version (e.g 1.8.5), in jira I will only see the bug fixes that have been delivered in that version. But let's say my current prod version is 1.6.2 and we will deploy 1.8.5, I want to have a release note that contains all the things delivered between those 2 versions.
How can we achieve that in jira? I can do a manual extraction of tickets through a JQL query but maybe there's a better way.