We have an issue type called "Severity" which is for Sev1 alarms that needs to be escalated instantly, I'm trying to restrict creation of items with this type by user group (Named Group X) I found a solution ( https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/ScriptRunner-How-To-Restrict-Issue-Type-Creation-By-Groups/qaq-p/1804874#U2039374 )
but it is targeted towards JIra server/ Data center
Is there a solution for this issue?
Hi @Arturs Kalnins
For your requirement, you could try to configure a Post-Function to change the Issue Type if the group is not the correct one.
Alternatively, you could use a validator that checks if the user belongs to a group and the issuetype = XXX and, if not, stop the transition and raise an Error message about it.
I hope this helps to answer your question.
Thank you and Kind regards,
Ram
Hey @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ ! It looks like it might work as a solution, but since i'm just learning groovy, is there a code snippet or something i could use as an example?
Thank you so much!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.