Hi,
Is there a possibility to require the task to be Originally estimated before first work log.
I mean, I do not want to have logged work on tasks, which do not have any estimations.
Thanks.
Have you tried logging work in Tempo on issues with no original estimates? It sets the orginal estimate to time spent + remaining estimate.
You can configure the Time Tracking field to be Required in the Field Configuration Scheme. That way, each successful new issue creation must have the Original Estimate set.
Hope this helps.
It does not help me, as a new created issue, in our case, should not immediately have the estimations. This is because there are lots of cases when we create issues, put them in backlog and only the person that begins working on that issue, or logs the work on it, should estimate it.
Hi Oleg,
If that is the case, you might want to take a look at some of these other Answers posts that talks about making a field required based on another field :https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/54234/how-to-show-and-hide-specific-customfields-based-on-another-customfield-valueshttps://answers.atlassian.com/questions/70973/how-do-i-make-a-field-required-based-upon-the-value-of-another-field-set-in-workflow-transition-screenThese methods might require a bit of work, though, as certain plugins are required to achieve this.
I can't understand how your solution might help me? I just need to be able to verify if Original Estimation exists before first work log.
The ideea is to force developer to think on estimations, not just to hack the system:)
Well he has to think about the estimation. That is what he enters in the remaining. He sees that there was no estimation set and has to think about it
Would you like him to enter the original estimation at the same time? He would them enter what he spent + what he thinks is remaining as original estimate. Which is what Tempo does automatically.
Is that not the ideal solution?
As I can see it is a commercial solution, is there any three solution?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.