Using Automation, I want to create a ticket in Project B when a ticket in Project A is created. Both of these projects are TMP. This works as expected until I add a custom field into the mix. Each of the tickets are the same issue type with the same fields and has a custom field (dropdown) with the same name "Severity".
Based on this error:
Found multiple fields with the same name and type: .
Severity (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:select)
It turns out that because both tickets have a custom field with the same name, it won't be copied. Changing the name of the field in one Project is not an option.
I have tried to use json (more options->additional fields) to update the field in Project B but ( when I don't get a json parse error ) I get this error
Specify a valid 'id' or 'name' for Severity (customfield_10211)
this is my last try at the json where 10211 is the field in Project B and 10213 is the field in Project A
{
"update": {
"customfield_10211":
[{ "set":
[{"value": "{{issue.customfield_10213}}"}]
}]
}
}
My gut tells me I am trying to do the impossible. Am I?