This evening I pushed some commits to a repo using SourceTree, which worked just fine. A short time later, I tried pushing some more and suddenly the publickey decided not to work, asking for a password and then telling me that passwords were now disabled. If I check with ssh -T, it assures me that the key is just fine, and if I try pushing something to another repo, that works also, so it's nothing to do with the key itself. I tried restarting SourceTree, which prompted for my master key as expected, but it still refused to push to the repo. I tried the WSL command line and that also failed. I tried TortoiseGit and that failed, but again, just for the one repository.
I was helping one of my colleagues a few days ago who had a similar problem, and it mysteriously started working again for him after a while, but I've not been lucky with that yet.
I just tried a pull from the repository and it won't let me do that either, but once again, other repos are just fine.
I can view the repository and its files on the web just fine.
Edit to add: it's some sort of local repository corruption. I was able to clone the repository to a new directory OK, copy the modified files from the previous one, commit and push.