Hi All,
Racked my brain trying to figure this one out, but to no avail. Thought I'd come to the experts to try and help me out.
I have a Service Project that I am successfully able to clone an issue and send it to a "Project" AKA our Pipeline.
We are also using this Pipeline for more Project Management type of projects, so we have Advanced Roadmaps and have created our own Initiative type called Project, with Milestones being underneath that.
What I would like to do is create an automation for one of these situations:
1. If a new "Initiative" is created in this pipeline, Create Milestones as children under that Initiative, these would have specific names based off of the Initiative. (Kickoff/Plan {{issue.summary}} , ETC)
2. Since I am Cloning the issue I thought that perhaps when an issue is moved from that service desk project to this Pipeline, then create new milestones under that (but I realize there is no way for it to know what randomly named parent is).
3. I also watched some videos where they had If the issue matches JQL (type = project), then create a new milestone in the same project. However that doesn't work for me either.
I have tried from simple to complicated, so hopefully you all can help me out. I am willing to try anything or reference any source material to try and get this to work.


