I have a Business Project in a Team-Managed Project.
I am hoping to automate an update to a custom number field every time a new ticket is moved into a certain status.
Namely, it's a list of Projects, which has an Order field that goes from 1 to n. The field is ignored until the Project enters an Active status. When a Project enters Active status, it will be manually assigned a Order from 1 to n. What I need the automation to do is compare that new Order number to the other Order numbers already in Active status. If it finds a match, the automation needs to increase the existing Order number +1, and then repeat that loop until the entire rest of the list has been increased by 1.
eg.
Before: Active Status has: Order 1, Order 2, Order 3, Order 4, Order 5.
New Project Enters Active Status assigned Order 3.
After: Active Status has Order 1, Order 2, NEW Order 3, Updated Order 4 (was 3), Updated Order 5 (was 4), Updated Order 6 (was 5)
Thank you!!