I need to create a ticket from the pipeline. From the approval of the ticket, we need to trigger the next step. Is it possible? and suggestion, please.
Hello @Joel Stephen ,
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Support!
In order to create Jira issues from within your pipeline build, I would suggest using the pipe jira-create-issue. Pipe is a simple way to configure your pipeline, especially when integrating with other tools/products, as you usually just have to configure a few variables and the rest is already implemented for you.
Following is an example of using jira-create-issue pipe to create a new Jira issue :
script: - echo "This is an example step" - pipe: atlassian/jira-create-issue:0.2.0 variables: JIRA_BASE_URL: $JIRA_BASE_URL JIRA_USER_EMAIL: $JIRA_USER_EMAIL JIRA_API_TOKEN: $JIRA_API_TOKEN JIRA_PROJECT: "PROJ" JIRA_ISSUE_SUMMARY: "This is a sample issue summary"
For more examples and details on how this pipe can be configured, you can refer to its public documentation below :
In regards to triggering a pipeline after the respective Jira issue is approved, I'm afraid this is currently not possible. However, in case you want some of the steps to require manual intervention to start, you have the option to use trigger: manual in your YML file, like the below example :
- step: script: - npm build - step: name: Deploy to production trigger: manual script: - ./deploy_production.sh
Reference: https://bitbucket.org/blog/pipelines-manual-steps-confidence-deployment-pipeline
Hope that helps to clarify your questions. In case you have any doubt, please let me know.
Thank you, @Joel Stephen !
Kind regards,
Patrik S
Thanks @Patrik S for your suggestion.
Hello,
is there a way on this pipeline to retrieve the "TICKET_ NUMBER" generated when the ticket was created ?
thanks in advance.
Hey @[deleted]!
I'm afraid the pipe does not currently return the number of the ticket created. If you want, I can create a feature request for our engineering team to implement this functionality.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.