I wonder where in the Bamboo database the setting "Clean up plan branch automatically" is stored while creating a new planbranch?
(see 2b: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/using-plan-branches-289276872.html)
Is it maybe stored in a local database or xml file instead? The scheduler will not delete planbranches having the option deactivated and I would like to understand how Bamboo does make a decision between different plan branches.
Hello @HeWi
The Plan branch cleanup is defined on the BUILD_DEFINITION table in the database as an XML element within XML_DEFINITION_DATA.
<cleanup><disabled>true</disabled></cleanup>
This query might help you locate that information. Works on PostgreSQL.
SELECT B.BUILD_ID, B.BUILD_TYPE, B.FULL_KEY, BMD.BRANCH_NAME AS "branch_name", CASE WHEN CAST((XPATH('//branchConfiguration/cleanup/disabled/text()',CAST(BD.XML_DEFINITION_DATA AS XML)))[1] AS TEXT) = 'true' THEN 'NO' ELSE 'YES' END AS BRANCH_CLEANUPFROM BUILD BJOIN BUILD_DEFINITION BDON B.BUILD_ID = BD.BUILD_IDJOIN BRANCH_METADATA BMDON BMD.PLAN_ID = B.BUILD_IDWHERE B.BUILD_TYPE = 'CHAIN_BRANCH'
Regards,
Eduardo AlvarengaAtlassian Support APAC
Ahh, I see, thanks a lot for your reply @Eduardo Alvarenga , very helpful indeed.
Looking at the column with ntext datatype, it is kind of laborious, if the switch would have to be toggled, I would have to work with temporary tables, doing casting, etc.
Isn't there a simpler way in Bamboo to avoid specific plan branches from getting cleaned up automatically (I don't want to uncheck the planbranches manually)? I have to take two options into consideration:
a) cleanup due to git delete branch
b) cleanup due to branch inactivity
What if I would like to avoid bugfix/ branches from getting cleaned up? Is the only chance to look for bugfix/ branches in the tables and set disabled to true in the XML?
Hey @HeWi
Thanks for the feedback. Following the community guidelines please avoid posting different concerns as a follow-up to a question that's been already answered.
If you are satisfied with the first answer please mark it as Accepted and post the next question as a second post and we'll be happy to assist. That eases the web crawler job and enhances indexing (and search) to other users.
Hello @Eduardo Alvarenga , thanks for your reply and guideline reference. I've followed your suggestion and created another thread: Way to stop automatic planbranch cleanup for specific branch types
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.