This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Miscellaneous Workflow Extensions (JMWE) removal from JIRA Cloud
I am sure I have used these a lot and this would take many hours to correct if it isn't done automatically.
How can I tell which workflows in my system will be affected?
Also, is this going to be one of those nickle and dime paid versions like the Timesheets debacle?
The workflows store the usage of the add-ons as pointers to the functions in use. They will only fail when the users trigger the transition that tries to use them.
However, as stated in the doc, the ones that are moving into JIRA will migrated automatically, and for the ones that aren't, you can install the new JMWE add-on and they will be migrated too.If you don't want to use the new JMWE though, it's a bit of a pig to find them without ploughing through every workflow by hand. I cheat a bit - download a backup copy of the whole system, and expand it to get the raw xml out of it. You can then search it with text for the class names of the addon (it'll be something like com.innovalog.jmwe), and that will tell you all the places it's been used.
Let's just hope it is as automatic as stated in the documentation. It would be a catastrophe if not, since almost all of the workflows I have depend on this in one way or another.
So, installing the new version of the add-on will automatically convert all remaining functions not supported by JIRA? It does seem like users should be provided a report that identifies affected workflows. Surely, Atlassian could automate this in a fraction of the time it will take all of us to comb through our exported xml?
The page that Shawn links states that Atlassian will migrate all functions themselves, automatically, for Cloud instances.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.