I have tried more than 100 times to reduce the size of my repo but am unable. I actually deleted the huge file that was problematic but still the size is not going down! What else can I do?
Hi @motieno,
A garbage collection may help reduce the repo's size. End users cannot run this for their remote repos, but I can help.
Could you please let me know the following so I can identify the repo and run a git gc for it?- the last 2 letters of the repo name- the last 2 letters of the workspace this repo belongs to- and the size that you see for this repo on Bitbucket website (you can find that in Repository settings)
Kind regards,Theodora
Last two letters of repo: ce
Last two letters of the workspace: no
Size: 4.83 GB
I ran a git gc for this repo and its size has been reduced to 3 GB.
Does this agree with the size of your local repo if you run git count-objects -Hv ?
You should be able to push to the repo now, but its size is still quite large, so I would suggest reducing it further, if possible.
You can check the following reply I gave to another community question for more details:
As I mentioned in that reply, if you proceed with history rewrite and push to your repo, it will need another garbage collection. You can let me know, and I can then run it.
My only worry is even after trying to reduce the pack size by removing the large file that caused the challenge, the local repo is still huge. I actually separated the project files but still the pack size is still big
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.