I have been able to create issues through vba/vb.net code. Now I need to be able to set the status to closed without progressing through the workflow. I have not seen a clear example of how to do that. Could someone provide an example of the code necessary to set the status to closed?
Nope.
Because "Now I need to be able to set the status to closed without progressing through the workflow" is self contradictory. To change the status of an issue, move it through the workflow. That's the only safe way to do it.
Let me try to explain why we may need to set the status immediately to closed. We are using JIRA to track the progress of work generated within our material system that was developed in-house. In some cases people will generate a work order, but it may be a duplicate, contain incorrect information, etc. If they choose to cancel that work order, I need to close it within JIRA so it will no longer be tracked as an open item. In those cases I need to force the issue to closed when then cancel it in the material system.
The reason is perfectly valid, there's plenty of others for doing it too.
It's also irrelevant, you need to go through transitions to change the status. In this case, you just need to add a new transition from <somewhere> (possibly all status?) into Closed and then use it when you need it. You can even call it "cancelled" and limit the resolutions to things like "duplicate, incorrect data, cancelled by user" etc. But you need to do it via a transition.
OK. So please explain what "possibly all status" means and what I would need to code up to get it from where ever it is in the status to closed. I assume I would have to put in a loop to go from this status it is at to closed, but I don't have any idea how to go about setting that up and checking where it is in the loop (if that is the way to go).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.