I am looking for integration with Visual Studio. The ability to do pull requests, create repositories, etc. The only extension I found is no longer maintained. Does Atlassian not provide such an extension?
Hi @Eric Paul
Thank you for reaching out to the community.
I'm not aware of any VS extensions where you can create repositories at the moment, however, Bitbucket Cloud has some extensions available for Visual Studio, namely:
You can start here: Get started with VS Code
You can also check out our blog post about it here: https://bitbucket.org/blog/atlassian-for-vscode-bitbucketcloud-and-jirasoftware-extension-for-visual-studio-code
Hope it helps and do let me know if you have further questions that I can help with.
Regards,Mark C
Those all say VS Code. VS Code is not Visual Studio. Do you have any for Visual Studio? You should hire the person who wrote the one for Visual Studio (which is currently broken). Then you could have an official extension and better integration with one of the most popular IDEs.
My apologies.I misread it as VS Code Unfortunately, we don't have an official extension for Visual Studio.Btw, are you referring to this existing extension that is currently broken at the moment? - https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=MistyK.VisualStudioBitbucketExtensionRegards,Mark C
Yep that is the one. It's open source so If I get some time I may look and see if I can fix it. But for now it's broken in my specific version of Visual Studio.
I guess Atlassian doesn't have many customers who use Visual Studio which probably makes me a bit of a unicorn. Most of the devs I know using Visual Studio use Azure or AWS both of which have pretty tight integration. Guess I'll be polishing up my git command line skills.
What worked for me:
assuming that your setup is okay and you can successfully clone repository within Visual Studio (i.e. proxy settings).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.