I'm trying to do an export/import situation from an OnDemand instance to a Standalone instance. I did the backup of the OnDemand and put the zip file in the imports directory for the standalone. Initially, I got an error of:
Error importing data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericDelegator.makeValue] could not find entity for entityName: PluginState
Looking around, I saw that this was a problem with the differing versions of JIRA involved (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34099). So I unzipped my backup, edited the entities.xml file, zipped up the directory and tried importing. This gave me the error message:
Error importing from zip file: "/Applications/JIRA/import/jb.zip". Error: Unable to find JIRA backup (entities.xml) inside of zip file: /Applications/JIRA/import/jb.zip
I unzipped and made sure that the file was actually present, that the permissions hadn't been changed. I rezipped and got the same error message. Looking around, I saw a suggestion that it might be caused by the size of the attachments in the backup (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/Unable+To+Find+JIRA+Backup+(entities.xml)+Inside+Of+Zip+File+Error) . So I took the entities.xml file and the activeobjects.xml file and copied them to a separate directory and zipped it up and tried importing it and still saw the same error message.
Looking around further, I saw the suggestion that entities.xml might be renamed by anonymizing or might be improperly in a sub-folder (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/102134/jira-migrate-data-from-ondemand-to-jira-standalone-install), but none of those are the case here.
Any suggestions?