Hi Team,
We ae new to JIRA and trying to create a Version for Project. There was no existing Version creating for the Client. Can someone tell us how to create a new Version to Add Testcase through BTC?
Thank you!
Halton
Hi @Halton Sangeeth ,
Welcome to the community.
In your team managed project, go to Project settings --> Features --> Releases and enable it.
Once enabled, go to project --> Releases and create versions.
Please accept the answer if it resolves your issue.
Hello @Halton Sangeeth
Based on the images you provided you are working with a Company Managed project. Only an Administrator of that project has permission to create Releases.
@Rilwan Ahmed 's guidance applies only to Team Managed projects.
Hi Rilwan,
Thank you for the Quick response!
I think I am here on this page.. IT is Software project.. Where to enable Version to create it?
Thanks!
Scroll down and see if you get "project settings" button.
To create versions or enable releases, You should be a project admin.
You can know more about enabling version/Releases in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-releases-and-versions/
Thank you @Rilwan Ahmed
The problem here is I dont see the 'Project Settings' link to enable it. See Below image from my Project view.. I only see these three under Development
@Trudy P Claspill Tags in the question says "Team managed projects". Also I could see enable/disable Releases in present in company managed project also.
Thank you @Trudy Claspill and @Rilwan Ahmed.
I have written an email to Project Administrator to create Version and provide access to me to create Version.
These docs and your responses really helped a lot
I appreciate it
@Halton Sangeeth Please accept the answer so that it will be useful for other users with similar problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.