Hello,
I am trying to create a rule that when a sub-task is closed, a new sub-task is generated. I want the new sub-task to be housed in the same parent issue as the trigger sub-task.
How can I do this?
Thanks.
Hi @Ben Weisman
first of all: I am not a experienced with service desk. Therefore I could just give input with my overall A4J knowledge.
Regarding your description I would suggest following rule:
Please let me know if this might help and solves your problem.
BestStefan
There's no way to do this with Automation yet.
The "create subtask" only works with the current issue, and while the "create issue" function does allow for creating sub-task, there is no option to specify the parent beyond "current issue" and "trigger issue"
(If the create issue function supported it, I would use the smart value {{issue.parent}} as a feed for the "selected parent" option in there)
Both functions allow you to set most fields to whatever you want, but annoyingly, not the parent issue.
HI @Ben Weisman
Could you try this approach so far? Is there any further feedback/question from your side?
Looking forward to your reply.
@Stefan Salzl This works! Thank you.
@Ben Weisman
Awesome!! Great to know we got that working 💪🏼💪🏼
Please consider to accept the answer in order to make it easier for other users to find the solution in case they are faced with similar problems 🙌🏼
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.