A few days ago, we upgraded our Jira instance (Jira DC) to version 8.20.8. The very next day during the sprint planning agile ceremony, our Scrum Master noticed that she could not end a sprint nor could she start a new one. As the Jira Admin, I looked at the project's roles/permissions. I noticed (immediately) that there were two "new" roles for sprints. There was the Edit Sprint and Start/Complete roles. For some reason, these two new roles were assigned to the jira-administrators role (which our SM is not a part of). Our Scrum Master had the Manage Sprint role, so after reading the documentation related to this change, I assumed the issue was something else. I assumed this because the documentation says, and I quote, "If they have the Manage Sprint role, they have full control of the sprint."
I believe that I found a bug. Has anyone experienced something similar? If so, how did you resolve the issue? If this is a bug, where do I go to let Atlassian know?
Thank you!