We are creating issues in bulk using csv importer in Jira. There is a checkbox field called "Create default subtasks" in the create screen which when checked triggers a script that creates subtasks on the issue. This checkbox is checked by default and we want to keep it that way but when creating issues in bulk using csv importer tool we are creating subtasks via the csv file and hence need to uncheck that field. Please suggest a way to uncheck that using the csv importer tool itself
With Jira Software Data Center 8.13.13 I was able to successfully do a CSV import with an empty string for the checkbox custom field value. I checked the Map Field Value checkbox during the import. The Values screen showed a row for the field, but with no mapping since I was only importing one issue
Sample csv file to import:
"Issue Type","Summary","Reporter","Sample checkbox field""Bug","Hello world","admin",""
This overrode the default value of the custom field
Hi @Matt Doar I tried with the above type of CSV but it is not working. I tried with the Import option available to System admins and it worked but it ended up creating a new checkbox for the field. The new option was "" . Also we need to create using Issues-->Import Issues from CSV . On using this CSV Import I was not able to uncheck the box. It is still getting checked. I got this error while importing: The value [ {null=""} ] can't be added to the Custom Field [ Default Sub-tasks ]. The value [ {null=""} ] can't be found or is in the incorrect format.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.