We've been using Atlassian access for our atlassian products for well over a year now. When we did initial set up we configured our atlassian accounts to be our UPN and not our actual email addresses. We did this because for signing into all our products we use our UPNs and we didnt want to confuse users.
I think i'm starting to realize that may not have been necessary here, but we're a year down the road and just now starting to open up the opportunity for users to submit requests via email.
The problem is the email comes from their email address, NOT their UPN.
Can I simply update provisioning configurations in Azure AD to set the email address as the username or will that break existing accounts? What impact might users expect if I change this? Will this even resolve my issue, or will this provision duplicate accounts?
Are there other options or solutions?