Hi All,
I have got an issue which I am looking to resolve.
We use AdminByRequest for when someone needs admin access on their computer to install software etc. They submit a request using the software and it sends an email to our Jira helpdesk from the AdminByRequest server. The email comes through from AdminByRequest (noreply@fasttracksoftware.com) and not from the user who requested the session.
However, in the body of the description, we take information such as Name, Email address and the issue they are having.
I would like to take this email address in the description and put it as the reporters address instead so that they can get updates whether they have been allowed the admin session or not. All of the people using the software are already within Jira so it doesn't need to create an account, just to find it.
I have been banging my head up against it so far but there may be a much easier solution to this. I have created an automation and this is how it goes so far
1 - When a ticket is created it checks to see if the reporter is noreply@fasttracksoftware.com
2 - It then checks the description has a "Email:"
3 - It then takes the email address and puts it into a variable
4 - It takes that variable and is trying to put it into the reporter field however it asks for an ID and this is where I am stumped.
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to do the above or perhaps if there is an easier solution?