I see many posts about this problem, "Ouch! We can't load the image." I have not seen a solution and the work-arounds are frankly just ignoring the problem. We started having this problem April 4th. Good attachments on March 30th, bad attachments on April 4th. I will share what I know to be new information to a common problem seemingly without a solution.
Troubleshooting:
- Restarted Jira
- Restarted PostgreSQL
- Restarted the server
- Tried Edge, Chrome, Incognito, and portable Opera
- Disabled all plug-ins
- Jira and PostgreSQL have not been updated this year
- Confirmed the link was in the server (I think). See below:
Example problem



So here is where this new information is that I haven't seen anyone talk about. Jira doesn't recognize the PDFs are PDFs. Jira thinks they are images. You can see it in the icon and in the browser inspection. Please see below for details.




Does anyone have any insight to this problem? Our servers are not connected to the internet to get updates. Our Production and Development servers both have this problem. Any help would be great! Thanks!