We have been using Jira for a couple of months now for software development management. We have been using ManageEngine ServiceDesk for request management (external customer and internal employee). We've bought initial JSM Agent licenses and I'm building our JSM replacement for ServiceDesk.
I have a couple of initial questions:
- I've done enough reading to understand the difference between Projects and Queues. But it isn't clear when to use Projects and when/why to use Queues. I have created our overall Customer Service Management Project (CSM); I plan to use separate Queues for Software Change Requests (I want these CSM Requests to migrate to/create Jira Issues to go along with the current Jira Issues that I've imported from ServiceDesk; I also plan a Queue for IT Requests, and another Queue for non-software customer product support requests. Should I set up different Projects for these? Why? Why not?
- For the Software Change Requests, how do the JSM Requests become/generate Jira Issues and get back to JSM for the post-software CSM Project workflow?
Thanks in advance for any help, info, guidance you can offer.
John M. Tucci
Megabyte Systems, Inc.