I have been using pipelines for several weeks with builds that usually last around 6 minutes. Today they all jumped to at least 20 minutes, and I just killed one that was not completed after 45 minutes.
Looking at the logs, it seems that the "Build setup" phase is the culprit, used most of the time. Caches are apparently downloaded at normal speed (the only timing information I can read in the phase log).
I see no incident reported on the Bitbucket status page.
So I am not sure where to go from here. It is the first time we have had such an incident, but it's kinda blocking for the team (and our time budget).
Copying Build phase log below in case someone sees something interesting/meaningful.
<span>+ umask 000</span>
<span>+ GIT_LFS_SKIP_SMUDGE=1 retry 6 git clone --branch="features/mia-algolia-sync" --depth 50 <a href="https://x-token-auth:%24REPOSITORY_OAUTH_ACCESS_TOKEN@bitbucket.org/%24BITBUCKET_REPO_FULL_NAME.git" rel="noopener nofollow noreferrer" target="_blank">https://x-token-auth:$REPOSITORY_OAUTH_ACCESS_TOKEN@bitbucket.org/$BITBUCKET_REPO_FULL_NAME.git</a> $BUILD_DIR</span>
<span>Cloning into '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build'...</span>
<span>+ git reset --hard 362cec8d48b956ba40c020fc0046b9c31b2c386d</span>
<span>HEAD is now at 362cec8 [MIA] - ...</span>
<span>+ git config <a href="http://user.name/" rel="noopener nofollow noreferrer" target="_blank">user.name</a> bitbucket-pipelines</span>
<span>+ git config user.email <a href="mailto:commits-noreply@bitbucket.org" rel="noopener nofollow noreferrer" target="_blank">commits-noreply@bitbucket.org</a></span>
<span>+ git config push.default current</span>
<span>+ git config http.${BITBUCKET_GIT_HTTP_ORIGIN}.proxy <a href="http://localhost:29418/" rel="noopener nofollow noreferrer" target="_blank">http://localhost:29418/</a></span>
<span>+ git remote set-url origin <a href="http://bitbucket.org/%24BITBUCKET_REPO_FULL_NAME" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">http://bitbucket.org/$BITBUCKET_REPO_FULL_NAME</a></span>
<span>+ git reflog expire --expire=all --all</span>
<span>+ echo ".bitbucket/pipelines/generated" >> .git/info/exclude</span>
<span>+ chmod 777 $BUILD_DIR</span>
<span>Cache "maven": Downloading</span>
<span>Cache "maven": Downloaded 214.3 MiB in 6 seconds</span>
<span>Cache "maven": Extracting</span>
<span>Cache "maven": Extracted in 1 seconds</span>
<span>Images used:</span>
<span>build : <a href="http://eu.gcr.io/janngo-studio-shared/build-machine@sha256:b5692d9eb0362a80a63309cc9933b97432749f24b82310bfbbf995f5c5063fdd" rel="noopener nofollow noreferrer" target="_blank">eu.gcr.io/janngo-studio-shared/build-machine@sha256:b5692d9eb0362a80a63309cc9933b97432749f24b82310bfbbf995f5c5063fdd</a></span>