Hello!
I would like to know if a trigger exist which includes BOTH 'Create or update issue'.
So it will trigger if a subtask is created, OR if a subtask is updated? Right now I have to maintain 2 sets for automations for both scenarios!
Thanks
Hi @siond
No, there is no such trigger for automation rules.
If your rule maintenance is cumbersome, consider creating three rules:
Kind regards,Bill
Thanks Bill! Will give this a try!
I stumbled upon similar problem where I wanted to run trigger Field value changed and then in subsequent if/else conditions check for whether the change in field value was during issue creation or update. I solved it by comparing dates for issue created vs. now. This could help in your use case @siond.
This condition will run when change was made during issue creation:
You can verify that by logging action:
Note: the solution does not guarantee 100% accuracy. If Jira slows down for some reason and fires the automation rule more than a second after issue was created, it may fail. So to prevent that you can further consider comparing the two timestamps (now and created) by calculating the difference between them and setting acceptable delay, e.g. 5000 milliseconds (5 seconds). Use {{[date1].diff([date2]).[unit]}} to do that. More documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/
Hi @Krzysztof Achinger
Such a rule could also run into problems when the automation engine is impacted, such as by an outage. In this case, some rules will run at an indeterminate time in the future and some will not run at all. (This has been confirmed by Atlassian staff in other community posts.) There really is no way to know/guarantee when a rule will run, and so relying on {{now}} to decide if a create or update happened could be problematic.
Indeed, that is what I described in a "note" after screenshots.
You can use the Multiple issue events trigger for that.
Kind regards,
Daniel
This has been helpful for me. For rules I want to run every time an issue is "touched", I also add the event of `Issue Moved` just to catch it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.