Hi all,
Looking at creating a new ticket from a closed ticket comment added.
When the new ticket is created, a comment is added to the trigger (or closed ticket) with the new ticket number.
What would you suggest?
Hi @Josh Olds ,
You can use Automation to achieve that easily. Something like the screenshot:
Amazing thank you!
I'm a little stumped on the comment part. What do you think?
This is brilliant - thanks for this!
Is there a way to add the closed ticket id to the new - for reference purposes`?
You can add the below which should bring the ticket as hyperlink
<a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.summary}}</a>
Check on https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/ for further documentation
I got it to work. Now I need to find a way to get a email notification of the new ticket creation, like when a new request is created by a user. Any ideas? All suggestions are welcomed.
The ticket creation has an event which should send a notification if configured. Otherwise you can add the send email option from the automation you created
Thanks @Sam Bartolome
I've also noted that the newly created ticket is not visible in the clients portal. I would expect it to be, but is this not the case. Would you know?
I am a newbie to the world of Jira & Jira Service Mgmt.
Is the reporter the same in the original issue than the newly created?
Is there any security level associated to?
Are both issues in the same project? Same issue types or different? If different, are both issue types available in the portal?
Please note the url between customer and agent view changes:
Agent - https://YOUR_INSTANCE/browse/ITS-1
Customer - https://YOUR_INSTANCE/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/ITS-1
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.