I'm the IT manager for a small SAAS business (>75 employees). We have been using Jira Work Management and Confluence for a couple of years, and Slack for IT support.
I've just become aware of Jira Service Management, and I'd like to use it for our internal ticketing system. Ideally, I'd like to be able to show an audit trail and also communicate with other key people whenever a purchase request is made, or a ticket for help is submitted.
Jira Work Management was where I was going to build this, but since Jira Service Management is free for up to three agents (and I like the portal and templates), I figured I'd see if that would speed up the process.
I've been poring over the documentation but can't quite seem to find the proper way to set this up.
- I only want our internal Jira Work Management users to be able to use this.
- No external customer will be using this system (at this time, but perhaps in the future).
- Technical support issues seem easy enough to manage on a 1:1 basis. But I also want to allow conversations between multiple people (the employee and his/her supervisor, especially).
For example, an employee will submit an Application ticket. "We have a contractor who needs Adobe Creative Cloud." Well, I'd like to be able to tag their supervisor and confirm it, and create an audit trail of all the conversation that took place before we made a final decision to confirm it.
I can't figure out how to do that without adding these other people as agents. They're already Jira Work Management users, I just want them to be able to comment publicly so that we can all have a conversation about it.
Is this possible with Jira Service Management or am I way out in left field?