our team currently uses the classic greenhopper board to manage longterm planning, via epics. Each epic is about a quarter's worth of work, and the subtasks make up the work that the engineers will have to do. (Other subtasks can be added as more information is found out, etc. )
We are having some trouble moving to the new board:
1. subtasts do not show up on the planning board.
2. Subtasks are related via the parent task/ epic only
3. I can't pull in just a few subtasks out of an epic to work on per sprint.
I understand that the idea is that an epic should be related via the Epic/Theme field, but how do I manage my backlog to sort them in the new rapid board view if I can't pull all the tasks associated with an epic while sorting/ prioritizing the backlog?
For instance, we need to make progress on the top three epics for the quarter. My team will then pull tasks from the top three epics to work on in a sprint. I COULD priotize the epics, and then also prioritze the tasks under it, but the doubling of work makes it difficult, especially with no view in the plan view to show me all the tasks associated with an epic, so I can sort it.
Please let me know if you'd like some screenshots to show you what I'm trying to do.