Hi community,
need your help please 🙏
I´m only used to work with A4J and I learned a lot of things with it and feel very safe to get things working with it.
Unfortunately in a new project I cannot work with A4J but have to use Scriptrunner for Jira Server. It feels like I don´t even have an idea on how to start there. (furthermore I know some JS and nodeJS but haven´t ever done groovy). I did the very first examples in the docu (just getting value of a custom field). I guess the coding part itself might not be the biggest problem but I´m kinda overwhelmed with
- which class to import (there are soooo many)
- which class is capable of doing what?
- how to create the things I did in A4J (eg. triggers, ...)
I already have an example I would like to do:
Given:
- a separate task issue that holds a budget in a custom field (called "Number 1")
- then a story issue
- subtasks of the story (--> they also have custom field "Number 1")
When:
- value of custom field "Number 1" of subtask changes
Then:
- The field "Number 1" in the above mentioned task should be edited
- by substracting the value of the subtask´s "Number 1" from the task´s "Number 1"
Got that working with A4J --> see screenshot. How could this be done with Scriptrunner? Is that too advanced for a "beginner" like me?
Any help is highly appreciated. Not only for that specific example but also how to get into automating with Scriptrunner.

Thanks in advance.
Best
Stefan