We have a type of issue with a workflow that does not have any status specifically named "Done". Instead the final status are "Cancelled", or "Foo" (for example).
I have one of these issues which is moved to the "Foo" status since August last year (2021).
Jira has recognised that this is resolved. The resolution state is set to "Resolved", the resolved date is set, and the issue key has a line through it.
The Kanban board has this "Foo" status assigned to a "Finished" column, and I have configured the board to hide completed issues older than 4 weeks
However, on my kanban board this issue still shows up.
As additional information:
- The "Foo" status shows in blue color in the workflow view (i.e. similar to "In Progress") rather than green (i.e. similar to "Done" or "Cancelled")
- Issues of other types with workflows with a final status that appears with green color (although also not named "Done") are correctly hidden on the board.
I see 3 possibilities as to why the issue still shows on the board:
- There is some additional configuration that should be applied to the "Foo" status as part of the workflow so that it Jira correctly understands it have the same qualities and meaning as "Done".
- The Kanban board configuration is incorrect
- The specific issue has some field that is not as expected for it to be considered done
I am leaning towards the first, based solely on the color that appears for the "Foo" status in the workflow
I am not an administrator so I cannot see the settings for the "Foo" status, but the workflow administrator has said they don't know what to do.
Does anyone know how it can be that the "Foo" status has set the resolved-related fields, yet is not a "Done" type status?