Hi,
It's been a few days now and I keep trying to push or pull anything using SourceTree and VS Code.
We have a few projects on hold because of this.
Trying to push while I am logged in using OAuth fails. Trying to push with basic authentication fails. Trying to push with basic auth with app password fails.
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks push -v --tags origin master:master
remote: Bitbucket Cloud recently stopped supporting account passwords for Git authentication.
remote: See our community post for more details: https://atlassian.community/t5/x/x/ba-p/1948231
remote: App passwords are recommended for most use cases and can be created in your Personal settings:
remote: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/app-passwords/
fatal: Authentication failed for ''
I tried removing the account, adding it back again, repeat the steps above, nothing.
Reinstall SourceTree, try it all over again, still nothing.
Also, when I try to clone a repo in SourceTree, the clone button is disabled and I get the warning "This is not a valid SourceTree path".
Any ideas? I understand there were some changes made and the recommendation was to create an app password for authentication but that doesn't seem to work for me. It's been a while now and we are considering moving away from SourceTree/BitBucket/Atlassian this week if we cannot fix this.