I am trying to setup runners for out bitbucket pipelines for our pipelines and happen to read documentation which lead me to these 2 questions
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/adding-a-new-runner-in-bitbucket/
and
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-up-and-use-runners-for-linux/
Hi @Srikanth Mamidala
Thank you for reaching out to the community.Unfortunately, it is not highlighted in our documentation that you can run runners in the background through the Docker command.However, it is possible to run runners in the background.
For the runners Docker command, you can add the -d flag and that will run the Docker container in a detached mode.Sample runners Docker command:
docker container run -it -d -v /tmp:/tmp ........
After that, you should be able to run other commands on your server.
Now, if you'd like to monitor the runners container logs, you can use the below command:
docker logs <Runners container ID here> -f
To get the runners container ID, you can run docker container ls
I'll make sure to raise this to our documentation team and add it as an FAQ.
Meanwhile, do let me know how it goes.
Regards,Mark C
@Mark C
Thank you for the response, understood how to handle it.
Can you also please explain the difference between
Hi @Srikanth MamidalaFor the documentation here - Adding a new runner in Bitbucket
It is a guide on how you can set up Runners either in your specific repository or in a workspace level setting. When you add Runners in a workspace level, it can be used across your repositories whereas adding Runners in a specific repository will only make the runner available in that specific repository.For the documentation here - Set up runners for Linux
It is a guide on how you can specifically set up Runners for the Linux environment and it also includes some optional best practices that you can implement in your self-hosted machine.Let me know if you have further questions that I can help with.Regards,Mark C
Hi Mark thanks for explaining. I’m sorry I may not have communicated my question well. So first documentation has a Linux runner setup as well which is different from 2nd document. I am confused over which runner setup is correct for Linux machines.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.