We are thinking about moving to cloud, this brings up lots of questions.This news item I found interesting (link below) - it brings up the issue of due diligence.Do you own the servers ?
do you own the building?Where is the building and servers located (a while ago it was just in the US).
Do you own the right to access it?
What other business interests / individuals are involved in, own parts of Atlassian?Answers and thoughts on the above appreciated.www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-16/global-switch-deal-defence-data-security-files/13149592
Hi @Steve Abrahall ,
Welcome to Atlassian community.
You can go through the below web page which has answers and FAQ's regarding the cloud infrastructure.
Cloud hosting infrastructure
It should answer your questions. If you need any further information , let me know. I will try finding out some one from cloud to answer your question.
Have a good day.!
Thanks,
Srinath T
That was useful information, but who owns the building is something that is also worth knowing. I could not find anything in the above mentioned documentation about that.
Hi @Steve Abrahall
It might be worth discussing your specific scenario with Atlassian Support or the Cloud Migration Team, as some of this can depend on your location and needs.
I think it's also worthwhile calling out...
Ste
It's situations like this that I'm concerned about. "Questions have been raised over the fact that the American cloud provider Amazon Web Services, which was given a Federal Government contract to store data collected by the government's COVIDSafe app, is using a data centre in Sydney which is fully owned by a Chinese company."https://itwire.com/government-tech-news/government-tech-policy/covidsafe-app-aws-using-chinese-owned-data-centre-in-sydney,-says-husic.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.