Hi All,
I've just install the download version of JIRA and I have a problem about the language. I configured all the language in English and it remain some french words (please see above an exemple).
Thanks for your help.
I wanted to let you know that I've found that there was an issue with the english translation pack that I've created a bug for.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRANS-554
There's a workaround listed in that bug ticket.
Hi,
maybe these pages will help you:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Choosing+a+Default+Language
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Choosing+a+Language
Best regards
Thomas
and on the administration menu
It doesn't work. I thing this problem is only on the dashboard
None of Thomas' suggestions solve the issue. I have the same with a mix of Spanish/English. This happened to me when upgrading JIRA from version 5.0.0 to 5.0.4.
I've even tried to disable to (now default included) Spanish Language plugin, but whatever I do some things remain in Spanish.
It seems like the install/upgrade has replaced the English original with the Spanish version.
Solution is greatly appreciated!! (sending this out there to other people reading this)
thanks,
Jacques.
You installed in English but it shows in French? That's weird, it would be more 'normal' if it was backwards. From where have you downloaded your Jira setup? Was your Jira 5.0 version in french and changed to english in the update?
If that's the case I'll recommend you to create a new instance with the 5.0.4 in english by default and then do a xml backup restore from the other instance.
I was digging through the english language packs and I found french through the language packs.
jira.translation.status.open.name=Ouvertes
jira.translation.status.resolved.desc=Un traitement a \u00E9t\u00E9 effectu\u00E9 et est en attente de v\u00E9rification par le rapporteur. La demande peut ensuite \u00EAtre marqu\u00E9e comme rouverte ou comme ferm\u00E9e.
jira.translation.status.resolved.name=R\u00E9solue
jira.translation.status.inprogress.desc=La demande est en cours de traitement par l''attribution.
jira.translation.status.inprogress.name=En cours
jira.translation.status.reopened.desc=La demande a \u00E9t\u00E9 trait\u00E9e une fois mais le traitement a \u00E9t\u00E9 jug\u00E9 incorrect. La demande peut ensuite \u00EAtre marqu\u00E9e comme attribu\u00E9e ou comme trait\u00E9e.
jira.translation.status.reopened.name=Rouverte
jira.translation.status.assigned.desc=Cette demande a \u00E9t\u00E9 ajout\u00E9e r\u00E9cemment \u00E0 la liste des attributions et elle doit \u00EAtre trait\u00E9e. Une demande se trouvant dans cet \u00E9tat doit \u00EAtre attribu\u00E9e \u00E0 une autre personne ou trait\u00E9e et marqu\u00E9e comme telle.
jira.translation.status.assigned.name=Attribu\u00E9e
jira.translation.status.unassigned.desc=Le demande n''a encore \u00E9t\u00E9 attribu\u00E9e \u00E0 personne. Elle peut l''\u00EAtre \u00E0 partir de cet endroit.
jira.translation.status.unassigned.name=Non attribu\u00E9e
jira.translation.status.closed.desc=La demande est consid\u00E9r\u00E9e comme termin\u00E9e, et le traitement est correct. Une demande ferm\u00E9e peut \u00EAtre rouverte.
jira.translation.status.closed.name=Ferm\u00E9e
jira.translation.status.open.desc=La demande est ouverte et pr\u00EAte \u00E0 \u00EAtre trait\u00E9e par l''attribution.
I think there may be untranslaed pieces in the JIRA 5+ language packs.
Hi all!
I have the same problem but with portuguese, my issues types continuos to create in Portuguese even I select only English on installation.
It´s a problem in Jira or I doing something wrong?
Regards
Found this thread with the issue I mention above
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Jira-creates-new-translated-issue-types-depending-on-the-admin/td-p/674689
We have just started to use Jira, and this mix language mix of english and Norwegian is the same problem. All are set up to display in English. But still, we see some are in Norwegian. It looks like Jira is not a stable product.
I have read this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Jira-creates-new-translated-issue-types-depending-on-the-admin/td-p/674689
It looks like Atlassian don't have a solution and don't care. Is this standard with this product? Do so fare doesn't have a good impression in the Jira and how atlassian makes SaaS.
I think the fix could be in your "Personal Setting" section.
Check this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/set-the-default-language-873871361.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.