hello everyone,
I need assistance here, we have created new projects, boards, settings and ect. in Jira software premium sandbox, 1) How we should migrate data (exact projects A,B,C) to Jira software production?
2) How can I make a backup in JSW production before migration?
JWM URL - https://name.atlassian.net/
JSW URL - https://name.atlassian.net/
Sandbox URL - https://name-sandbox-496.atlassian.net/
Hi @Reda Menčikovaitė Project manager
Cloud-to-Cloud migrations are in beta right now - to see what's possible, visit: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/perform-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/
And to create a backup, see: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/export-issues/
Ste
Hello @Ste Wright , are you sure I can use this tool for migration sandbox (projects, workflows, settings TO Jira software site? one of community leaders told me that it is impossible to do that..
here is the comment "AFAIK there's no possibility to automatically migrate data from sandbox to production site right now. If you create some configuration in sandbox, you need to manually recreate it in production."
I'm confused, could you give me more details on this - I do not wan to risk before not knowing is everything goes smoothly..
This is a relatively new tool - but it should work.
Like anything in beta, I would read the page I linked you to in detail, and test it, to ensure it meets your criteria
Edit:
I gave this a go on my environment between our Sandbox and Prod. I did only move a Project across (no new config), but it worked.
I did find though that it can duplicate some of the configuration if it already exists - such as Screens, Fields, etc. That is why I'd test it first, to ensure it meets your needs.
Hey @Ste Wright , strange thing, when I go to this beta tool, my only destination site as an option is "name-sandbox.atlassian.com". I tried to search more information why I can't see my "name.atlassian.com" site (because I want to migrate name-sandbox.atlassian.com >> name.atlassian.com), what I managed to find that I need admin rights, in reality I have it all. Maybe you had experience in this? should I change something in settings?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.