I thought this endpoint https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/users/<account_id> would returnthe username. However the username is not returned. I see there is a nickname returned, however that is different to the username as stated in the documentation.
Also, is there a way to get the account id given the username ?
Hi @Mihira.Wanninayake
G'Day!
We no longer expose user usernames in API calls as per our changes back in April 2019 to comply with GDPR and replace it with the Atlassian account name.
Please check out the announcement here.
You can use List users in a workspace endpoint that will return a list of users currently in your workplace and their UUID because we don't have an endpoint to return user UUID based on the username.
Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Cheers,Syahrul
hi guys,
is there any other way to get USER NAME out of User ID? I am not able to write code in Jira and I believe because I am not admin.
thank you.
Hey @Jovana Jakovljević
I believe you can use the following endpoint with UUID to get the user display_name which is the user name:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/rest/api-group-users/#api-users-selected-user-get
Regards,Syahrul
Hey Syahrul,
The problem is that I do not have curl/ Node.js/ Java/ Python/PHP to write this what you suggested. Therefore I asked for other way?
I use only Jira Software.
Thank you!
Jovana
Currently, the only available method to retrieve this information is through the API endpoint.
However, I'm keen to understand your overall objective. Could you provide some additional details about what you're looking to accomplish? This will allow me to suggest any possible alternatives if they exist.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.