remote: Repository is over the size limit (4 GB) and will not accept further additions.remote:remote: Learn how to reduce your repository size: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/xgMvEw.To https://bitbucket.org/*/*.git! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)error: failed to push some refs to 'https://*@bitbucket.org/*/*.git'
I can not push due to reaching the sit limit of the repo.
How can I delete the big files/folders and push the commit.
If you look at the link in the error message it will take you to a KB describing how to reduce the size of your repository. If it was the last push that took you over the limit, you will have to reverse that push by rewinding the history by creating a new temp branch, reset the original branch to a commit before the last one, force push the new head, and then restore your changes. Once you enabled Git LFS you can push those changes.
If you need to run garbage collection you can contact support to remove dangling/bad commits.
Hi, @asadullah797, thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.
Could you please tell me the last 3 letters of the name of this workspace and repository, so I can identify it? We can either run a GC to remove dangling commits to try to reduce its size, or we can temporarily increase the repo size to allow you to push the changes without these large files once you remove them locally.
Please let me know if you have additional questions regarding this case.
Kind regards, Caroline
Hi Caroline;
Here is the complete path for the repo;
<removed due to privacy reasons>
Best regards,
Asad
Hi, @asadullah797, thanks for the additional information!
I ran a GC against this repo, but the size didn't change, so I have temporarily increased the repository size to allow you to push your code without these large files. After you push it, please let me know so I can run a GC again to remove these files from the remote repository.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Hi, @asadullah797, I would like to check if you were able to remove the large files/folders and pushed these changes back to your remote repo. I'm asking this because we have tried to run a GC several times and the size hasn't changed, so we understand the large files are still there.
Please let me know if you need any help in this process.
I have same issue with one of my repositories. I cloned it locally and i have tried to create LFS and add track and commit the changes. However even that one file is not getting pushed to server.
Count objects resulted in the following:
git count-objects -vH warning: garbage found: .git/objects/pack/tmp_pack_0EJsHCcount: 3912size: 82.11 MiBin-pack: 7577packs: 10size-pack: 3.96 GiBprune-packable: 249garbage: 1size-garbage: 35.77 MiB
@Caroline R facing the same issue can you help
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.