I have an automation set up on assignment to let the reporter know who their issue was assigned to.
We have found this incredibly helpful for the reporter to have status pretty quickly and let them know that someone at least read their ticket.
The problem is, since this is a customer facing comment, it stops the clock on Time to First Response. It really makes the SLA Time to Assignment, not Time to First Response, and seems a bit like cheating the system when I'm reporting on SLAs met.
Does anyone else have a similar situation, and how do you handle that? Is assignment a valid clock stopper for most IT teams, and if not, is there a way to exclude this comment? The comment is always by the same sender, Automation for Jira, so I'm thinking there has to be a creative way I can say First Response Met is not valid if comment is from them.
Thanks!