I want something like below when I click on the create button
But in project setting, there's no way for me to add a table, even with below pattern, it's not working.
Hi @Alex Chen
In Team-managed Projects...
It looks like there are some other limitations also - default description also doesn't have coloured text, attachments, dates, or status icons.
I couldn't find much documentation on why this is - not even in this help page - but there is a feature request for this, view/vote for JRACLOUD-78176
Ste
@Ste Wright Thanks for update. Just weird why don't Jira use same editor for settings and creating/editing issues.
Hope this feature request will be finalized soon.
Alex
There is one alternative, but it's not available in Team-managed Projects.
Natively, it's still possible to set a default value at creation using wiki markup using Company-managed Projects' custom fields.
So you could set a table like this in the create screen...
Please, fill the table below:||Head 1||Head 2|||Col A1|Col A2|
There is also a workaround for the system field Description in Company-managed also.
The below details how to....
^ This will allow you to have the table in a "Description field" at creation. I've done this before, and it works.
Let us know if this is helpful!
@Ste Wright good morn,
I don't see we are able to create custom "Paragraph" fields you offer a solution for. I'm using Jira Datacenter.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.