I would like to see the email address of the reporter without having to go into User Management. (Not being able to see user details on my Issue screens, or at least link to the user's page, is a point of frustration.)
I've been looking at various articles and questions, but I haven't found a definitive way to do this. (Could this be because of the GDPR changes? Am I a day too late?)
I've created a custom field following this guide (Skipped step 1, since I want to access a smart field/data that already exists): https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/How-to-show-additional-information-about-users-on-tickets-by/ba-p/1901647
I'm not sure User Property Field is the correct field type to use. I'm also unsure of how to format the property. I've tried: Reporter:emailAddress, and issue.reporter.emailAddress. I also tried using automation rules to fill it in, but that didn't work.
(I'm new to Jira, but have come from other ITSM systems, so I'm both lost and not lost!)
Note: I only want this in one project. The field isn't set to be global.